Spaghetti arrabbiata with salmon
- 1 portion spaghetti
- 2 fillets salmon
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 tsps dried herbs (oregano, basil)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsps salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper optional
- Bring water to a boil and cook the spaghetti.
- Heat a pan with half of the oil in it.
- Put the salmon fillets in the pan, sprinkle with salt and cook on both sides for 5-8 minutes or until done. The time needed to cook depends on the thickness of the fillet.
- Remove the salmon when ready. Add the rest of the oil in the same pan and heat it.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the seasoning (herbs, salt, and pepper) and stir well.
- If the tomato puree or the herb seasoning have salt, avoid adding any more salt.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the sauce and mix well, ensuring the sauce coats the pasta evenly.
- Serve the pasta with the salmon cut into small portions.