Spinach and cheese muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup ground oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup spinach thawed, drained and finely chopped
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter or olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsps ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F or 220° C.
- In a bowl, mix well the two flours, baking soda, baking powder, ground pepper, chopped spinach, and cheese.
- In another bowl, combine well the egg, butter, and milk.
- Add the flour mix in batches and fold them together.
- Pour the mixture into cupcake molds.
- Bake for around 30 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Cool the muffins for 10 minutes before serving.