Thai-style fish cakes for kids
- 2 fillets fish of your preference
- ¼ cup finely diced cilantro
- ¼ cup finely diced spinach
- ¼ cup green beans
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup rice flour or corn flour
- 1 Tbsp curry paste or curry powder. Adjust the quantity depending on how spicy you want the dish to be
- 1 tsp salt or soy sauce. Avoid if the curry paste is salty
- 2 Tbsps oil
- Place the fish, egg, vegetables, and flour in a food processor and blend into a thick mixture, making sure the fish is finely minced.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the curry paste.
- If the curry paste has no salt in it, add salt or soy sauce to taste.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan.
- Grease your palms and shape small cutlets from the fish mixture.
- Place the cutlets in the hot oil and cook on one side until golden brown.
- Flip over and fry the other side until a golden crust is formed.
- Serve with sweet sauce.