Two ingredient pancakes with fruit sticks
This pancake recipe with fruit cut into strips can be put together in just a few minutes and will satisfy all of the kids in the house. The big kids might even be able to start making it independently.
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 apple cut into strips other suggestions include apples, mango, banana, strawberries, and watermelon
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 Tbsps whole wheat flour or gluten free flour (optional). This will create more of the traditional pancake texture, but I suggest omitting while trying during baby led weaning because the pancake might not be as soft.
- Mash the banana with the back of a fork in a bowl.
- Whisk in the egg until smooth (and flour, if you are adding).
- Cook on a heated non-stick skillet or griddle. Make the pancake size of your choice. Children love little silver dollar sized pancakes.
- Flip the pancake once it starts to bubble and the edges brown a little.
- Peel the apple or fruit of choice and cut into matchstick-size pieces. Toss the sticks with cinnamon.
- Plate the cooked pancakes and fruit. Enjoy!
Wondering if your baby is ready for raw fruits? Cutting the fruits into thin, straw-like sticks makes them easy for babies to pick up and at least begin to gnaw on them. Eventually, they can take their own, safe bites. Make sure that your baby is not allergic to eggs before serving him this recipe. Maple syrup for serving is ok for the little kids when served in moderation, but I would avoid adding maple syrup to the baby’s pancakes. Bananas are a great addition to your child’s diet and one of the best baby snack ideas for when paired with healthy protein or fat. Ensure a baby led weaning banana isn't too slippery for your baby to hold—you can wash and leave some of the peel on.
Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 730mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 413IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mgPrint Recipe