Watermelon and feta salad with mint and lemon dressing
- ¼ watermelon
- 2 cups fresh green salad leaves chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced, avoid if the smell is too strong for you
- 2-3 olives
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pink salt
- ¼ inch ginger
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 50 gms feta cheese no/low salt
- De-seed the watermelon and cut it into bite-size cubes.
- Wash the salad leaves and put them in a salad bowl.
- Add the watermelon cubes, sliced onion (if using), and olives. You can cut the olives in 2 before adding to the salad.
- Mix gently and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
- Grate in the ginger and add the chopped mint leaves.
- Whisk together and pour over the salad.
- Toss the salad gently, crumble feta over it, and dig in.