Yogurt and granola sundae
This is a wonderful breakfast-on-the-go option for a rushed and busy family.
- ¾ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup milk/soy milk
- ½ Tbsp chia/flax seeds
- 2 Tbsps oats
- 1 Tbsp granola
- 1 Tbsp fresh cut fruits of choice
- nuts or seed mix optional
- honey optional
- Mix yogurt and milk and add chia seeds and oats.
- Take a clean jar and layer yogurt mix, granola, and cut fruits.
- Sprinkle seeds, nuts, and drizzle some honey between each layer, and seal the jar.
- Place it in the refrigerator overnight, and your calcium-rich, power fueled breakfast is ready.
- Slip it in your rushed teen's backpack, and your (and his) mornings are sorted.
If you wish to whip up a bigger batch for the whole family, double the portions in the same ratio. Alternatively, you can repeat the same recipe and make smaller and individual jars for everyone.
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 485mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 329IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 345mg | Iron: 2mgPrint Recipe