Zucchini and banana muffins
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 4 Tbsps unsalted butter
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana or apple sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¾ cups flour
- ½ cup raisins or chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shred zucchini with a veggie/cheese grater.
- Melt butter in microwave or stovetop.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter, mashed banana or applesauce, honey, vanilla, and eggs. Whisk until well combined. (I used my immersion blender here to make sure there weren’t any bits of banana).
- Add the cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk blend again, making sure there’s no lumps.
- Add flour and gently mix in with rubber spatula until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Stir in zucchini and raisins.
- Scoop batter evenly into a greased muffin pan, or use baking cups like I did for less mess. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for at least 5 minutes and then enjoy!